We are counting the days and enjoying the summer. Chatting with Parveen and Miriam online is interesting, but after last year we are very aware that the way someone presents themselves over the computer lines may not be the same as they end up functioning in your family. And we are very aware of plenty of times we thought we were completely clear about something over the computer, and the interpretation at the other end was very different.
So ... we wait and try to guess what things will be like. I have printed a few pictures to put in the girls' rooms (could NOT resist the one of Miriam's little sisters), and they both were excited when Audrey's Dad shared pictures of their rooms with them. Happily, one said, "Can I have the brown room?" while the other requested, "Can I have the blue room?" So that was nice.
Oh, and Parveen has started a blog about her exchange year. If she posts more than once I will probably share it with you. I would love to hear how her view of the year differs from ours.
We have had a little communication from Nasreen since she left. It seems so strange that she was such an integral part of our family and now we see a few pictures on Facebook, and hear a few sentences from her hear and there. I wonder so much how she is readjusting to life at home and what the reactions of all her family and friends have been. I would love to run out to Starbucks with Nasreen and drown her with questions, but I also wonder if she would love to share the answers to my questions.
Our house is So Quiet and Audrey (who has been mostly gone from home for the past three weeks) said one rare night at dinner, "I hope Parveen and Miriam get here soon so you guys will stop staring at me!"
I almost miss Nasreen myself...at least reading about her cross-cultural adventures & perspectives. Eager to "meet" Parveen & Miriam!
ReplyDelete