Oksana said as she walked away from the table.
We had just been playing cards and laughing, so the comment caught me totally off guard. Pulling together my best "Foreign Exchange Host Mom" skills, I wondered if she really intended to say that ... should I correct her, make sure she knew it was a rude remark?
She continued laughing as she walked away, I thought about my request to her to open the dishwasher and let it cool off. She had done it, and I didn't think that menial task could have upset her. I thought about the goofy trumpet noises she was making with her mouth before she got up to go to the dishwasher.
Aha!
"I thought you were going to tell me to shut my mouth," Oksana laughed... "to stop making those goofy noises."
Once again, waiting for an explanation rather than assuming I know what it is ... pays off.
No comments:
Post a Comment