Well, one of our new daughters is quite the media-hound. She recently participated in (and won!) this cooking contest on Pakistani TV (with a little recipe help from Audrey's Dad).
Parveen is the girl in red not wearing a scarf.
http://dai.ly/KmeZis
There are actually three segments, and this is the middle one. If you REALLY want to see the rest, just let me know. I just figured since you probably do not understand Urdu or Hindi it may get a little boring for you.
Parveen looks like a sweet girl--AND a Chef-At-Home!? This bodes very well for next year's menus! I understood: "Very well; This looks very good;" "mango," "strawberry"...so I think my Urdu &/or Hindi is improving. Way to go, Dad, for the cooking advice you gave! Love, Aunt Jane
ReplyDeleteWhy are there random comments in English? That is what confused me :)
ReplyDeleteYou would think the average person on the street was fluent in English, from listening to that program, but "Pakistani English" is one of the national languages. However, the grammar is clearly not American or British English.
ReplyDelete