Nasreen was totally surprised to find that we clean our own home. According to her, no one in Pakistan does their own cleaning. So this weekend, mid-cleaning, she mentioned how much she has learned in the realm of cleaning, cooking, laundry and ironing.
These were apparently things she didn't think she would ever learn to do, at least not in the US. I wonder if her mother is horrified that her daughter is having to participate in these activities? Or glad that she will be more appreciative of the work involved when she returns home?
Also this week Nasreen started a new semester, and cooking class is the first subject of the day. I'm looking forward to that class in particular, although we've already encouraged her to do a lot of cooking at home.
I think Nasreen's mother will be happy she's learning these skills. Even if she won't be doing the actual cooking, cleaning, etc. in her own home, she needs to know how to do it so she can instruct & direct her house help someday...
ReplyDeleteHmmm, Calvin has Culinary Arts first mod. I bet they are in the same class.
ReplyDeleteYes, they were, but she rearranged so she wasn't zig-zagging across the school all day!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete