Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Scary thoughts ...

So ... we are playing with the idea of Audrey participating in the YES abroad program next year.

http://www.yesprograms.org/yesabroad

**deep breath**

There are only 65 openings for American students to venture to participating countries, but Audrey is eligible to apply the next three years.

Thoughts???

For once, Audrey's Dad is the reticent one and I am the more excited one.  This is definitely a role-reversal for us, as Dad usually is the one pushing Audrey out of the nest and I am most often trying to hold on to her.

However, if Audrey does participate in this program, it would open us to having to MALE students in our home next year.  How interesting does that sound?

3 comments:

  1. I say NO to YES. Granted it couldn't hurt to apply and see...but she's so young! How about 16 or 17?
    Love,
    Andrea (no longer the cool aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having male students would be a totally different experience. There is definitely something to be said for that. I say go for it if Audrey gets into her program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Immediately, I think no. But who knows your daughter better than you? I think it would be incredibly hard for her to be away from you guys, but she would learn so much and do so well. Maybe it would be better for her when she is a junior or senior?

    ReplyDelete