Saturday, December 1, 2012

you what?

So, the other day, Miriam had some extra time after school and was kind of meandering the halls, waiting for Parveen and Audrey to finish their after-school activities.

She wandered into the theater, where she was asked, "Are you here for the auditions?"

"Um ... yes?"

And now she has a role as one of the jurors in "12 Angry Men".  (Which is, apparently, not all men in the Neenah High production)

Hah!

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! Not only do they have a girl playing a man, but a covered Muslim girl! Talk about PC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe she is playing the role initially played by a German actor, which makes it even more interesting. At the time of the movie, Germans were particularly hated in the US for their heritage, so I think her Muslim-ness is part of the reason the director picked her. I'm going to watch with fascination!

      Delete