Monday, February 4, 2013

1 Angry Moroccan

This past weekend was Miriam's performance in "12 Angry Jurors".  She did an amazing job.

She played the role of Juror 11, who was originally cast as the foreigner in the room, the one who points out the privilege of living in democracy, of participating in a jury, and even corrects another juror's grammar.

Actually, Parveen and I attended the performance twice, and since the audience sat on all four sides of the stage, we took the opportunity to experience it from two vantage points.  It was great.

Probably the highlight of the evening was when Miriam raised her voice to yell at one of the other jurors for his apparent lack of concern about the importance of their decision.  She is usually so soft-spoken, and I'd love to hear her raise her voice just a little bit more most of the time.  Now I know she can. (Wish I would have videotaped her performance to prove it!)

Both Parveen and Miriam are currently auditioning for the next school play, "The Government Inspector," which is a comedy, and set in Russia ...  

A few pictures:

the jury deliberates

the cast after the show



No comments:

Post a Comment