So, the other day, Audrey's dad texts "the girls" telling them, "You need to wash your sheets and towels tonight and weekly after this."
The responses came chiming back:
Oksana: "This I already have been doing."
Nasreen: "Thank you for the remind"
It is so typical of these two that Oksana's response is defensive in nature and not really accurate. In three and a half months, I personally have washed her sheets once and perhaps have seen her wash them once herself. In our home we often move each other's laundry from the washer to the dryer and so on ... so it's unlikely she could have been washing her sheets "weekly" without me ever seeing it.
But really, Dad's text message wasn't about the past, it was about the future. And as a parent, I've tried to teach Audrey that the correct response to something like that is, "Yes, Mom." Whether you're already obeying the given instruction or not, "Yes, Mom" works and is accurate.
At any rate, they both had clean sheets one night last week ... and hopefully will again.
No comments:
Post a Comment