Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who said what?

So, the other night we went out to dinner, which has been a pretty rare occurrence since there have been more mouths to feed around here. 

I had been noticing that all the (male) waitstaff at the restaurant were VERY chatty and friendly, and I began to wonder aloud if it had something to do with the fact that there were two [beautiful in my opinion] teenage girls at our table.  Honestly, the waitstaff was just chatting us up so much!

Once I mentioned it to the girls, they both laughed and denied the possibility, but as we walked to the door, we continued to get "Good night!"  "Have a good evening" and similar comments.

Suddenly Nasreen looked at me wide-eyed and chuckling.  "Did that man just say 'Good night, fox?'"

Fortunately, I was close enough to have heard, the "Good night, folks!" as we passed.

Yet another subtle language misunderstanding keeping us on our toes!

1 comment: