Thursday, September 20, 2012

off-camera

So, today I wandered over to youtube, looking at islamic music videos.  I have long wondered if Muslims have any "Contemporary Islamic Music."  Their own version of the Muslim TobyMac, if you will.

Please assume that I can read and understand no Arabic, and that most Muslim phrases and rules still elude me.

But using the Chrome "page translator" and just watching the videos that seemed to be "pro-marriage"... I remain mystified.  What they show is clips of smiling husband-y men, and women entirely shrouded in black, occasionally with their eyes showing.  So, I am supposed to assume that these women are as happy as the man sitting next to them?  Or that it even IS a woman behind all that fabric?

Honestly, if I had all that fabric in front of my face, my husband would NOT be assuming there was a smile hidden.  Just the freedom to stick my tongue out, roll my eyes, and have a bored look on my face would be way too much for me to hold back.



No comments:

Post a Comment