Thursday, October 18, 2012

Funny:

1) how quickly the kitchen cleared out tonight, when I started cleaning.

2) how much our lives sometimes resemble this cartoon:


Nobody leaves random glasses around everywhere.  Not Me leaves the couch blankets unfolded.  And Ida Know who leaves used napkins and Kleenexes randomly spread around the house.  I know you've been there...

3) both Parveen and Miriam are so sweet, but so different.   One typical conversation:

Me: "Miriam, can you please put your dishes away?"
Miriam: "Okay." (puts away one dish, leaving several others behind)
Me: "Could you put away the rest of those dishes?"
Miriam: "Oh, Okay."  (puts away exactly all the dishes in the immediate vicinity, but misses the one two feet farther away.)

alternatively, we have this:

Me: "Parveen, stop washing those dishes, it's Miriam's turn to do it."
Parveen: "It's okay, I am almost finished."
Me: "Parveen.  Stop."
Parveen: "I am almost done washing them."
Me: "Parveen!"

Rarely have I scolded a child for being too helpful with putting away or washing dishes, but it's exactly the kind of thing Parveen "gets in trouble" for.

No comments:

Post a Comment