Tuesday, September 10, 2013

She made it :)

So, my sweet girl has arrived in Kumasi, Ghana, to the home of her new host family.

We just had a quick phone call, but she has seemed fairly overwhelmed these past few days.  Please pray for her, that she would know that she is in the right place and that she would feel loved right where she is.  I am praying that her host mom would sense Audrey's sadness and nerves and be a great mom to her.

I pray that they could find some time to go shopping together in the next few days, and laugh and get to know each other.  I'm praying that Audrey's new 7 year old brother will think she is amazing and entertaining and that she will fall in love with him.  I'm praying that the 5 month old baby will not be freaked out by Audrey's pale skin and will love to be in Audrey's arms.  I'm praying that Audrey will sleep well and find some favorite places and favorite people and meet a wonderful friend just nearby in the next few days.

I'm praying she will (for once) keep her room clean.

Ooh!  And I'm super-thankful to find out that she will be going to a really really good school.  Not necessarily because of the academics, but because it means she will be around good people.  Yea!

Praying and praying and praying and praying and praying and praying and praying ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment