Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympic fever

Likely you are watching the Olympics as much as we are at home.  The other day, Audrey's Dad posed this question to both girls:


"What is your favorite Olympic event?"


Parveen answered, "the opening ceremony is my favourite event of Olympics and the best part in that is 


when the different countries come with their flags."






I would have to agree that I love the opening ceremonies, even though we missed them this year, but ... 


I'm pretty sure Dad does not consider that an Olympic event. 






Miriam answered, "what kind of Olympic events ? local or international or ... ? "




Ah .... so maybe a country that has less than 100 athletes in the games, is in the middle of celebrating Ramadan, hasn't won any medals yet, and doesn't have at least four channels broadcasting Olympic coverage around the clock may not be quite as Olympic-crazy as your average American.  


Heaven help them when football season comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment