Saturday, August 25, 2012

Start at the beginning...

I was thinking today how this time is challenging, because the student is in your home, but they are not yet in your heart.  You don't really know them well enough to respond exactly as you should ... or as you will in a month or two.

Also, today we went through "the rules" with Miriam.  I wonder, Nasreen, if you remember going through the rules?  Did they seem fair?  Strange?  I'd love to know how it feels to hear the rules...

Audrey also just mentioned how nice it was that at the family orientation the other night, there were only one or two Russian-speaking exchange students, so no one was really excluded in conversation.  Last year there were so many Russian-speakers, that they excluded the few non-Russian-speaking students and also the families from their conversations frequently.  Much nicer for everyone to be included.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the photo of the four of you at the airport. Looking forward to seeing #5 very soon. Yet another sit-down rules session,,,,essential to do that, though. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete