Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sweet excitement...

Audrey's Dad got the sweetest email from Miriam's uncle ...

"Dear [Audrey's Dad] ,

My name is Aziz and I am [Miriam's] uncle. I'm writing this e-mail to
thank you for hosting my niece. We all appreciate what you did and what you
will do.

Concerning [Miriam's] parents they are totally comfortable to let their
daughter come visit you in the US especially when they found out that you've
already hosted muslim exchange students and you have an experience of doing
that. We feel actually more comfortable when we knew about the other
exchange student from Pakistan who will be sharing this wonderful experience
with [Miriam],  and to be honest we've never imagine that our daughter will
live far from her parents and achieve her dream , which is experiencing the
American life including studying in an American High School and being a part
of an American family .

We think that She's lucky to be hosted by you, [Audrey's Mom] and your
daughter. [Miriam] keeps talking about you all the time. And  her parents
are so glad to see her enjoying this experience even before it  starts.

As you know of course our relegion is Islam, and as muslims  we would
like our daughter to maintain her religious practices and principles there
in America.We would be grateful for any help you can give  her to keep on
her religious duties like the five prayers, Hijab, etc

As I said before we really trust you and we are sure that [Miriam] will
enjoy her stay in America. Please feel free to ask any questions you like.
Finally, I would like to tell you that you are welcome in Morocco if you are
planing to visit it one day !

By the way! [Miriam] showed me some of your pictures. Please say hi to [Audrey's Mom] and Audrey."

Don't you just love it?


4 comments:

  1. Wow. I wonder how the prayer schedule will work in a WI school schedule. There are no doubt other students in this same situation--but maybe not in your hometown. How long do you think the hajib will last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I am so excited to hear about this year and see how God works in Miriam's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I am so looking forward to hearing about how God works in Miriam's life this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. I'm assuming it was an older brother that wrote it? The "head of the family"? I'm sure you are looking forward to meeting her!

    ReplyDelete